Table of Contents
Instant Pot Ultra 8 Qt 10-in-1 Multi- Use Programmable Pressure Cooker Features
- For large families, 6+ people. Item dimensions is 14.88 x 13.90 x 10.39 in inches
- Instant Pot Ultra electric pressure cooker is the next generation in kitchen Appliances. A central dial with a simple turn and press provides added precision in program selection and adjustment
- New features: altitude adjustment, cooking indicator, and a steam release reset button. The Ultra button provides custom programming. The new features include sterilize, cake and egg programs
- Replaces 10 common kitchen Appliances - pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice/porridge cooker, yogurt maker, cake maker, egg cooker, sauté/searing, steamer, warmer, and sterilizer
- Developed with the latest 3rd generation technology with an embedded microprocessor. The microprocessor monitors the pressure and temperature, keeps time, and adjusts heating intensity and duration. Power supply: 120V - 60Hz, Power Supply Cord length: 35 inches
- UL certified with 11 safety features to provide peace of mind. New steam release reset button for safer handling. All components in contact with food are food grade 304 (18/8) stainless steel
Instant Pot Ultra 8 Qt 10-in-1 Multi- Use Programmable Pressure Cooker Description
Instant Pot Ultra 8 Qt 10-in-1 Multi- Use Programmable Pressure Cooker is the next generation in kitchen appliances. Designed for the home chef looking for a greater degree of customization and control for even greater precision cooking. The Ultra combines the functions of a Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice/Porridge Cooker, Cake Maker, Yogurt Maker, Sauté/Searing, Steamer, Warmer, Sterilizer, and, a truly new and unique feature, the Ultra program.
The ‘Ultra’ provides complete custom programming for pressure and non-pressure cooking. Now, one can set the exact parameters desired to achieve perfect results each and every time. With the ‘Altitude’ adjustment, the guesswork is eliminated from a recipe conversion providing a more precise cooking time. Designed with a large, blue LCD display with a ‘Cooking Indicator’ to provide one a clear visual on the progress of your dish from preheating, cooking, and Keep Warm.
A central dial with a simple turn and press provides added precision in program selection and adjustments. And, the new – ‘Steam Release Reset Button’ ensures the safer handling of the steam release after cooking is completed. Built with 16 smart programs: Soup/Broth, Meat/Stew, Bean/Chili, Cake, Egg, Slow Cook, Sauté/Searing, Rice, Multigrain, Porridge, Steam, Sterilize, Yogurt, Warm, Pressure Cook, and Ultra.
Now, your favorite dishes are as simple as selecting your preferences and having them ready up to 70% faster. With the ‘Sterilize’ program one can pasteurize dairy products, sterilize baby bottles, jars, and utensils; as well as, perform certain types of canning much more conveniently than ever before!
The ‘Cake Maker’ is designed to prepare soft and moist cakes and the ‘Egg’ prepares perfect eggs in just a few minutes. America’s most trusted brand has moved into a category of its own with the Instant Pot Ultra!.
A simple turn and press for easier and more precise cooking program selection and adjustment.
Ultimate Custom Programming
For the home chef looking for a greater degree of customization and control for even greater precision cooking.
Eliminates the guesswork from a recipe conversion to provide a more precise cooking time.
Cooking Progress Indicator
Allows you can monitor the cooking states: Preheat, Cook and Keep Warm.
Quick Release Button
The Quick Release Button allows you to perform both continuous and pulse steam release manually.
Once the Quick Release Button is in ‘venting’ position, it will automatically reset to the ‘sealing’ position when you open or close the lid.
Brushed stainless steel finger print resistant with lid holder for left and right handed users.
Stainless Steel Cooking Pot, Steam Rack & Lid
Healthy, food grade 304 (18/8) – no chemical coatings with inner pot markings at 1/2 and 2/3 for pressure cooking safety.
The cooking pot, lid and steam rack are dishwasher safe.
Alexa guided cooking, 300+ Recipes, Getting Started Videos, Favourite Recipe List, Personalized Grocery List and more.
Pros of Instant Pot Ultra 8 Qt 10-in-1 Multi- Use Programmable Pressure Cooker:
• LCD display – one of the big things I hear in the discussion groups is “I pushed the button and it says “ON”, but I don’t know what is happening. The Ultra has a cooking graph that displays the progress through the preheat, cooking and warming phases so you know right where you are in the process. The LCD display is miles ahead of any of the control panels on any other model offered by Instant Pot.
• Venting, Quick release and the Pressure Regulator are improved. The vent/regulator now is controlled by a separate button – the Quick Release button, Push the button into the locking position and it pops the Vent up to release the pressure, turn the quick release knob and unlock the Vent so it drops back down and stops the pressure from releasing.
• Ultra Program You can set the exact Temp, as low as 104 degree and as high as 208 degrees.
• Set your Altitude and the programing on the Ultra will make the adjustments.
• Aesthetics – It is much more attractive with the LCD panel than the other models
Cons of Instant Pot Ultra 8 Qt 10-in-1 Multi- Use Programmable Pressure Cooker:
Sealing ring in lid (silicone) picks up all the cooking smells and this ring stinks. The only solution I found to help take the cooking smell out of the silicone is to run the silicone ring through the dishwasher on the top rack laid flat. This seems to be a on going complaint from many Instant Pot owners
The Manual is not very detailed. The “Water Test” as know by users is in the manual as “Initial Test Run” on page 14. The instructions for the “Initial Test Run” are incomplete. After instructing to rotate the dial to steam and set the time for two minutes, the manual forgets to tell the user to press the start button next.
While the explanations under numbers 6,7 and 8 are important for Pressure Cooking, it is not clear to the user that those are not part of the Initial Test. Since users have adopted the lingo “Water Test”; Instant Pot would be better off changing the future manuals to instruct the “Water Test”. A little more information on the preset programing. The manual talks about making Yogurt, a few more pages like that on the other functions would be helpful.
This really is not a con, but just part of pressure cooking. Pressure cookers are moist cookers so any crispy dish you desired has to be done outside the Instant Pot, so for example Lasagna would be finished under the broiler to get that baked finish. Chicken skin does not come out the same as if it was roasted in the over. For all the other things you can do with your Instant Pot, these things are not a big deal.
Here are some of the items I have prepared with my Instant Pot Ultra and the setting used.
Pressure Cook – Apple Sauce, Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Macaroni and Cheese, Slumgullion/ American Goulash
Soup Broth – Split Pea Soup using dry split peas
Meat/Stew – Crack Chicken, Honey Garlic Chicken, Cranberry Brisket, Dr Pepper Ribs, Beef Bourguignon, Bratwurst
Bean/Chili – Black Beans and Smoked Turkey Sausage
Steam – Sweet Potato
Sauté – vegetables and meat for dishes above
Porridge – Steel Cut Oats
Cake – New York Cheese Cake, Pumpkin Cheesecake, Giant Pancake
Egg – Hard Boiled Eggs
Yogurt – Greek Yogurt with 2% milk
Ultra – Sous Vide Tuna Steaks, Tempered Chocolate for candy making.
Many people try to figure out which model is the one for them. If you are a cook or like cooking and know how to cook many items, then you are going to want the flexibility of the Ultra. It is worth every penny and not worth trying to save a few bucks going into the Duo model. Even if you don’t not cook a lot or have a wide range of cooking skills, the LCD panel really takes the mystery out of the pressure cooking cycle which is not available on the Duo or Lux models. Maybe the extra settings will entice novice cooks to try new things.