Table of Contents
Hamilton Beach Slow Cooker (33969A) Features
- NOT YOUR MOM'S SLOW COOKER: Smart technology allows you to cook a recipe to either a desired cooking time or specific temperature, before automatically switching to Warm when it's done.
- PATENTED TEMPERATURE PROBE: Place the temperature probe into large cuts of meat to cook to a precise temperature. The control panel will display the food's exact temperature as it cooks.
- CLIP-TIGHT GASKET LID: The lid clips securely in place, perfect for taking the slow cooker to a party, potluck or tailgate. The tight seal helps prevent messy spills along the way.
- EASY TO CLEAN: Removable and dishwasher safe crock and glass lid make cleanup simple and power interrupt protection keeps slow cooker on during a brief power outage
- 6 QUART CAPACITY: Spacious size is perfect for a 6 lb. chicken or 4 lb. roast.
Hamilton Beach Slow Cooker (33969A) Description
In addition to offering modern convenience, the Set & Forget Programmable Hamilton Beach Slow Cooker has three choices for easy, automatic cooking: program, probe and manual mode. On busy days, program the cooking time and Set & Forget Slow Cooker automatically shifts to keep warm when the cooking time is up.
Cooking a large cut of meat like pot roast, chicken, or pork tenderloin? Insert the probe, set the desired meat temperature and the Set & Forget Slow Cooker automatically shifts to keep warm when the temperature is reached.
For traditional slow cooking, manually select the high, low or warm temperature without setting a cooking time.
Clip-Tight Gasket Lid Resists Spills
When you need to take your home-cooked meal on the road, the slow cooker’s clip-locked, secure lid has a tight seal to help ensure that your shirt and your car arrive without a messy spill.
Power Interrupt Protection
The Set & Forget Programmable Slow Cooker is equipped with power interrupt protection, so during a momentary power interruption of 5 seconds or less, the slow cooker will remember the programmed heat and time settings and continue cooking.
Perfect Size for Family Dinner
The 6 quart oval crock is the perfect size for a 6 lb. chicken or 4 lb. roast and so much more. It’s the perfect size for a home-cooked family meal.
Hamilton Beach 6QT Set & Forget Programmable Slow Cooker (33969A)
Three Choices for Easy, Automatic Cooking
Eliminate weeknight stress with the Hamilton Beach Set & Forget Programmable Slow Cooker. With three choices for automatic cooking, having a family meal on a busy weeknight is easier than ever. What you make and how you prepare it are up to you. Three smart settings – probe, program and manual – allow you to cook foods to a specific temperature, for a set number of hours or on High, Low or Warm settings for up to 24 hrs. Advanced features like a temperature display and probe minimizes the chances of overcooking your food.
- Not your mom’s slow cooker: Smart technology allows you to cook a recipe to either a desired cooking time or specific temperature, before automatically switching to Warm when it’s done.
- Patented temperature probe: Place the temperature probe into large cuts of meat to cook to a precise temperature. The control panel will display the food’s exact temperature as it cooks.
- Clip-tight gasket lid: The lid clips securely in place, perfect for taking the slow cooker to a party, potluck or tailgate. The tight seal helps prevent messy spills along the way.
- Easy to clean: Removable and dishwasher safe crock and glass lid make cleanup simple.
- 6 Quart capacity: Spacious size is perfect for a 6 lb. chicken or 4 lb. roast.
Not Your Mom’s Slow Cooker, it’s a Hamilton Beach Slow Cooker
Smart technology allows you to cook a wide range of recipes to either a specific temperature when using the probe or to a desired cooking time. When your food is done cooking on either of these settings, the slow cooker will automatically switch to warm.
The very first factor I observed was the lid didn’t create a perfect seal around the ceramic bowl. That annoyed me since the corner was slightly off. And So I made the decision to make use of the hooks and clamped it lower for a couple of hours.
After I released the lid, the lid fit perfectly around the ceramic bowl and created an ideal seal. I’m wishing I’ve now “trained” the rubber seal. (There wasn’t any smell or taste in the rubber seal as others have noted.)
However, Used to do notice there is a lot of condensation developing. This altered my thick sauce right into a soup which in fact had bending in volume therefore the pork was literally swimming in sauce.
This didn’t please me as I wasn’t thinking about soup. So after about 5 hrs, I required the lid off and allow it to prepare on high. This have been effective. The watery sauce started to alter in to the thicker sauce I needed. Following this, I came back the lid and set the pork on low for an additional one hour and again removed the lid for that final hour. The end result was perfect pork ribs.
I have to include, once the timer finished, the slow oven entered warm mode that is what it’s designed to do. However, the 2nd time the timer finished, the slow oven shut itself off which isn’t good. Note to self: See should this happen again.
Overall, I loved my experience. It made excellent pulled pork, the sauce was perfect after letting the unnecessary liquid evaporate, and cleanup was simple as nothing stuck towards the ceramic bowl.
Pros of Hamilton Beach Slow Cooker
Simple modes to support all the recipies.
Probe really helps me to watch the temparature of my food inside.
Less use of water since there’s no loss via steam.
Cons of Hamilton Beach Slow Cooker
The aluminium finish outdoors looks a little cheap
This model would be a little larger than I was expecting and filled by kitchen area a little too much.
Cord is extremely small that mandates its position to be with the plug points.